The School of Public Health and Health Systems (SPHHS) Accelerated Master's plan allows academically-strong SPHHS undergraduate students to begin taking up to four graduate courses (600-level) prior to the completion of their undergraduate degree. Applicants are accepted into a specific master's program conditionally, pending successful completion of their undergraduate degree.
Prior to applying, students must have accelerated their undergraduate degree requirements with the successful completion of more than the normal five units (10 courses) per academic year. Specific requirements for each of the SPHHS master's programs can be found in the Graduate Studies Academic Calendar.
- Read the Accelerated Master's Program requirements in the undergraduate calendar, including requirements for the accelerated master's program to which you are applying, and the conditions for Withdrawal or Failure.
- Prepare a 200 word max statement of interest, with specific reference to the admission competencies outlined in the Accelerated Master's Program calendar link above.
- Have a PDF copy of your résumé ready to upload. Use naming convention: firstname-lastname-accelerated-master.pdf
- No later than 3A term, you must complete the SPHHS Accelerated Master's Application Form.
- Attach your most recent résumé, to your completed application form following the instructions on the webform.
- You will meet with an SPHHS Undergraduate Academic Advisor to discuss your eligibility. Prior to that meeting have the SPHHS faculty member who has agreed to advise you (MPH, MHI, MHE) or supervise your research (MSc) email a letter of support to the SPHHS Undergraduate Program and Scheduling Coordinator.