Records of the management and administration of the University's student exchange programs.
Content & Scope
Exchange partnerships with academic institutions all over the world provide University of Waterloo students and the students of partner institutions the opportunity to study abroad.
This records class excludes agreements with partner institutions related to exchange programs.
The records include exchange program applications, supporting documentation (e.g., copies of transcripts), correspondence, and other documents related to exchange program management and administration.
- For agreements related to international exchange programs, see AD80 – Contracts & Agreements.
- For the official academic record of students’ participation in exchange programs, maintained in the enterprise student information system (currently, Quest), see ST20 – Student Records.
- Waterloo International
- Student Success Office
- Vice-President, Research & International.
- Dean of the relevant faculty.
- Highly Restricted: copies of students’ personal identification documents and travel documents.
- Restricted: all other records.
Units may collect copies of students’ personal identification documents (e.g., passports) and travel documents (e.g., travel visas) to facilitate assistance to students while they are outside of Canada. These records are transitory and are also classified as highly restricted. They should be securely destroyed as soon as possible after the student’s return to Canada, and their destruction documented. They should not be retained for the full retention period.
Responsible Units should document the disposal/destruction of official records using the University records destruction form or equivalent documentation, to verify that we are following our records retention rules.
University of Waterloo Act, 1972.
The retention period is based upon operational use.
24 January 2020
26 July 2010