Records of students’ anonymous feedback on the quality of their experiences in courses.
Content & Scope
Course evaluations may be conducted for both undergraduate and graduate courses. Data from individual students is used to produce a summary report for each course. Course evaluation results inform the evaluation of a faculty member's teaching for performance reviews and tenure and promotion processes.
- Academic departments and schools.
Dean of the relevant faculty.
- Public: summaries and reports intended for public release.
- Confidential: all other records.
Summary reports: 10 years.
- Common practice is to return the original response sheets to the faculty member or course instructor after the end of the course. These are retained at the discretion of the faculty member or course instructor.
- Anonymized course evaluation data may be retained by the University until superseded or obsolete.
Responsible Units should document the disposal/destruction of official records using the University records destruction form or equivalent documentation, to verify that we are following our records retention rules.
The retention period is based on operational use.
26 July 2010