The Department of Recreation and Leisure Studies is a division of the Faculty of Applied Health Sciences
Tourism and outdoor recreation represent one of the world's largest industries, creating numerous opportunities for inspired professionals who can develop and deliver rewarding experiences while protecting cultural and natural resources for future generations.
What will I get out of the program?
- You'll learn the critical components of planning, managing, and funding of tourism experiences and events.
- Learn from professors who have been recognized nationally and internationally for their excellence in teaching and research.
- Be well-positioned for a career in one of the world's largest industries - developing, planning, and managing tourism areas and organizations in Canada and around the world.
- Introduction to Tourism
- Outdoor Recreation Resources Management
- Tourism Planning, Development and Marketing
- Ecotourism and Communities (field course)
How do I choose this major?
Apply to Recreation and Leisure Studies (co-op or regular) and then choose Tourism Development as your "subject of major interest". You'll be admitted to Recreation and Leisure Studies, and then be placed into Tourism Development when you start your studies in the fall.