Due to the current global circumstances, all diplomas awarded in October 2020 will be sent via courier to your Mail address in Quest. Your patience is appreciated.
When will my diploma be sent?
For degrees processed prior to October 9, most diploma packages will be sent starting October 23.
For degrees processed after October 9, diploma packages will be sent in November. The exact timing is dependent on several factors, including staff access to campus to prepare packages, and the processing required to send the packages by courier.
How will my diploma be sent?
Diploma packages will be sent by courier service.
Exceptions: Diplomas will be sent by priority mail if 1) your address includes a Post Office (PO) Box, as courier services are unable to deliver to a PO Box, 2) if you do not have a phone number on your Quest account, as a phone number is a courier service requirement, or 3) the courier service company didn't accept your address as recorded.
Why can't I use a Post Office (PO) Box?
Only post office employees have access to deliver to PO Boxes, as such, courier services can not deliver the diploma package to a PO Box. In these cases, diplomas will be sent by priority mail.
Can I track my diploma package?
Yes, if it is being sent by courier service (see exceptions above). Once your diploma package has left campus, you will receive an email to your @uwaterloo.ca account with a tracking number.
How quickly will my diploma arrive?
Due to high shipping volumes (courier services and Canada Post) and customs processing, the University can not guarantee a delivery window.
- For domestic courier service, it may take a minimum of two weeks.
- For international courier service, it may take a minimum of four weeks.
- For priority mail, it may take a minimum of three weeks.
Once your diploma is in the hands of the courier company (i.e., you have received tracking information), the University is unable to speed up the delivery nor do we have any extra information. If you have substantial reason (e.g., visa requirement) to need your diploma urgently and the delivery window listed above has passed, email email@example.com.
My tracking status says the package was delivered but I didn't receive it. What do I do?
Please find your appropriate scenario:
- The package was sent to the Mail address listed in Quest:
- We ask that you wait one (1) week from the "delivered date" before contacting us. The package might have been delivered to the wrong address locally and will rectify itself within this window.
- If the package has not been delivered after the week, we will ask you to Notify the Office of the Registrar of a Missing Diploma. A replacement diploma (at no charge) will be sent.
- The package was sent to the former Mail address in Quest (I changed after the October 9 deadline):
- We ask that you wait - the original package must be returned to us, and once received, we will send it to your updated address.
- If the package has not redirected to you or we have not received it by December 7, we will ask you to Notify the Office of the Registrar of a Missing Diploma. A replacement diploma (at no charge) will be sent.
- If you need it urgently, you may choose to order a duplicate diploma (and pay the associated fee) through our normal process.
I received my diploma package but it is damaged. Can I get another?
If your diploma arrived damaged (i.e., bent, smudged, torn, ripped, creased), we will replace it at no cost. However, we need to ensure you only have one original diploma.
Your next steps:
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Include two (2) pictures: 1 of the damaged diploma as it arrived, 1 of the diploma after you have destroyed it (e.g., cutting in half or quarters but with the name still visible).
- Don't forget to provide your name and your student id number.
Once received, we will print and send out another version to the same address. Note: Reprinting of diplomas is currently occurring only once per week, and you should expect delays before it arrives.
I have not received my class composite, what should I do?
All 2020 composites (i.e., pictures taken Sept 2019-March 2020) were shipped during the spring term. If you haven't received a composite and were expecting one, please contact us at email@example.com.