Information for

TESOL Certification


Thinking about teaching English to speakers of other languages? Set yourself apart with Renison’s ACE-TESOL programs. We offer two programs, the ACE-TESOL Certificate and the ACE-TESOL Diploma. Both programs provide a theoretical and practical approach to linguistics and second language acquisition to help prepare candidates to teach English as a Second Language (ESL). Our intensive programs allow candidates to become certified over the summer with your goal in mind.

Who can take ACE-TESOL?

A university degree (in any field) is required for certification but not required for enrolment. Candidates in their final year of university studies may apply; however, once they have successfully completed the ACE-TESOL program, they may only seek TESL Canada Certification upon graduation with their university degree.

Applicants whose first language is not English must demonstrate proficiency in English by providing a recent score on a standardized English proficiency test that exceeds the score required for undergraduate admission to the University of Waterloo’s Faculty of Arts (see the specific score requirements).