Are you interested in learning Arabic, Chinese, Japanese, Korean? Or do you need to strengthen your English (as a non-native speaker)? Would you like to build skills so that you can teach a second language somewhere in the world? Do you see yourself in an international career?
Why not join us at the Renison Language Fair, where we can help you build the langauge and cultural knowledge to be successful in any global career path.
We are inviting University of Waterloo students, staff, and faculty to attend the fair. We offer credit classes that count toward your UWaterloo degree, and we also offer non-credit courses for anyone interested in enhancing their education beyond their degree.
While at the Renison Language Fair, you can:
- learn how to incorporate these classes into your course plan and earn
- Applied Language Studies Minor
- East Asian Studies Minor
- Studies in Islam Minor
- Certificate/Diploma in Arabic
- Certificate/Diploma in Chinese
- Certificate/Diploma in Japanese
- Certificate/Diploma in Korean
- credit courses in English Language Studies for graduate and undergraduate students that don't speak English as their first language
- learn how to say a few key phrases in each language
- have your name written in a different language
- hear about international exchange opportunities within each department
- find out about our non-credit options
- enter your name in a draw for door prizes
- have lunch at our cafeteria, which will feature an international menu with food from South Asia, Europe, North America, and the Middle East
International Education Week – Full Calendar
240 Westmount Road North
Waterloo, ON N2L 3G4