The spring 2017 scholarships, awards, and bursaries are available. The deadline is Wednesday, May 24, 2017. Please note:
- the deadline for applications is Wednesday, May 24, 2017 at 3:00 pm.
- only students with a UWaterloo ID will be able to sign in and fill out the applications
- awards and bursaries that require a GPA are only available to students who have taken at least one course at the University of Waterloo or Renison University College
- point form answers are preferred (please remain within the requested character count)
- to be eligible for any of our scholarships, awards, or bursaries you must be Renison-registered and taking at least 2 Renison courses in the spring 2017 term
- all applications will be checked to ensure accuracy
- you may save your application as a draft, and complete it at a later time
- if you are chosen to receive a scholarship, award, or bursary, we will contact you near the end of June.
If you have any questions, please email email@example.com.
How to apply
1. Click the application link for the appropriate award. You will be taken to a new web page. At the top of this page, it will ask you to login.
2. Enter your 8-digit WATIAM user name (do not add @uwaterloo.ca) and then your password. This should take you directly to the form. Once you have logged in, you will be able to view all of the application forms. Your session will time out after a long period of inactivity.
Spring 2017 Awards:
A. W. Rees Memorial Award: one award $750
College personnel established this award in memory for the first principal of the College, Anelf Wyn Rees (1961-71). The award is presented annually to a student for their all-round contribution to the life of the College during their undergraduate career while maintaining good overall academic standing. Apply to A.W. Rees Memorial Award
Bishop H.F.G. Appleyard Award: one award $1000
The Bishop Appleyard Award was established in 1985 by the Rt. Rev'd Derwyn Jones, Bishop of Huron, in memory of the Rt. Rev't Harold Appleyard, former area Bishop of Georgian Bay and Chancellor of Renison University College, 1962-1973. Apply to Bishop H.F.G. Appleyard Award
Spring 2017 Bursaries:
Minnie Mae Hanselman Bursary: two bursaries of $1000
Miss Hanselman was a long-term financial donor and interested patron of Renison University College, who willed her estate to Renison University College for the purpose of a bursary to be set up in her memory. A number of bursaries are available each term with first preference given to residents of Brant County. Applicants must demonstrate financial need, have completed at least five courses at the time of application, and be enrolled in at least two courses in the term for which application is made. Apply for the Minne Mae Hanselman Bursary
Ontario Student Opportunity Trust Fund Bursaries: two bursaries of $1000
These awards were set up by alumni, faculty, friends and staff of the College with matching funds from the Government of Ontario. A number of bursaries are offered each term to students who are in good academic standing and can demonstrate financial need. Candidates must be Canadian citizens or Landed Immigrants and able to prove twelve months prior residency in Ontario. Apply for the Ontario Student Opportunity Trust Fund Bursary
W.H. Kidd Memorial Fund: one bursary of $1,000
The fund was set up by the family in memory of William Herbert “Cappy” Kidd upon his death in July 1987. The family decided that the interest on the proceeds of the fund should be used to give aid to any student in financial need; Mr. Kidd was a past member of the Renison College Board of Governors who had a great interest in the college, attending many special occasion including the original sod-turning and cornerstone-laying ceremonies. Apply for the W.H.Kidd Memorial Fund