Food/drink/cell phone policy
Food and drink:
- beverages, in containers with lids, are allowed
- snacks that are non-staining may be eaten in the Library, but NOT at computer workstations
- meals (soups, sandwiches, salads, fast food, etc.) are not permitted
- set to vibrate; use only in the hallway outside the Library
Book return and delivery
All books but Reserves taken out of the Renison Lusi Wong Library can be returned to any university libraries or their designated book deposits. The Renison Library can be also be designated as the pickup location for books requested by means of a hold or through Interlibrary Loan Service.
The Librarian is available Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. to assist with reference/research needs.
Group study rooms
Two group study rooms are available for booking during Library hours. Bookings must be a group of two or more, and can be created by students, faculty and staff. A booking can be requested through the Library outlook booking system where rooms availability can be accessed through the calendar, phone (519-884-4404 ext. 28646) or in person at the Renison Circulation Desk.
The maximum period of a booking per group is three hours a day. If a booking is no longer needed notification of cancelation is appreciated, while failure to show up within the first 15 minutes of a booking causes the release of the booking. The Library reserves the right to revoke the booking or ask occupants to vacate a room if the activity is deemed a disruption to the Library. The Library is not responsible for the security of personal items. Any items found in rooms after the end of the reservation period will be placed in the Library's lost and found.
Accessibility Work Station
There is one computer station that has been set up for students with Accessibility needs. Talk with the librarian at the circulation desk for the username and password to log onto the station.
Exams at the Library
Faculty are encouraged to contact the library as early as possible before the exam day as space is limited. It is up to the faculty member/staff administering the exam to provide monitoring, time keeping, or any other form of policing, to ensure that the exam writer adheres to exam behaviour expectations since the library staff’s only involvement is providing a space. Please contact Tammy Kavanaugh with any questions.
Cash option (not currently available)
You must use one of the library computers
- Before opening anything else, double-click the “Connect to Printer (Cash)” button on the desktop. You should only have to do this if you have never printed at the Lusi Wong Library before.
- Open the document and make sure it is saved to the computer.
- Go to “File”, then “Print”, then select the correct printer
(ren-lib on nxsartsapp).
- Enter the number of copies you want to make and press “Print”.
- This print option does not allow for double-sided printing.
- Please inform the person at the circulation desk that you have printed and they will collect it for you. Printing costs 10 cents per page.
- For this print option, students are NOT permitted to collect the print job themselves.
You may use either one of the library computers or your own personal computer
- Make sure your document is saved to the computer.
- Go to W Print and login with your Waterloo username and password.
- Go to “Web Print” and click “Submit a Job”.
Choose a virtual printer that best suits your printing needs (eg. mediaprint2/rs-public-colour-vx-s-s (virtual)):
B&W Duplex - Public Xerox Printers mediaprint2\rs-public-BW-vx (virtual)
B&W Single Side - Public Xerox Printers mediaprint2\rs-public-BW-vx-s-s (virtual)
Colour Duplex - Public Xerox Printers mediaprint2\rs-public-Colour-vx (virtual)
Colour Single Side - Public Xerox Printers mediaprint2\rs-public-Colour-vx-s-s (virtual)
Select # of copies you’d wish to print.
Select and upload document.
Click “select & complete.” Your job is now ready to be released at any W Print Kiosk on campus, simply tap your Watcard at the device.
PRINTING IS 10 CENTS A PAGE
WE DO NOT ACCEPT DEBIT OR CREDIT
WE DO NOT OFFER COLOUR PRINTING
Scanning and Photocopying
Photocopies are 10 cents a page while scanning is free.
There is one photocopier in the library that is set up for WatCard payments only. Scanning can also be done on the photocopier as long as you have a USB/Flash drive to scan to. There is also a scanner set up at one of the computer stations which is Internet connected.