The goal of this project is to provide a rehabilitation and management plan for the preservation and enhancement of environmental functions within the Environmental Reserve.
The purpose of the study is to:
- Develop a rehabilitation plan for Columbia Lake that encompasses function and ecology
- Improve the riparian corridor and function of Laurel Creek within the reserve and, as a result, improve conditions downstream of Columbia Lake
- Improve instream water quality through instream and shoreline rehabilitation
- Improve instream aquatic habitat
- Protect wetlands in the reserve area
- Provide for recreational opportunities in the reserve
These objectives will be met through the framework of a Provincial Class Environmental Assessment process that will also recognize the Federal Environmental Assessment requirements. The study will culminate in the completion of a preliminary design for preferred options that make up the Management Plan for the reserve.plan view of research and technology park and environmental reserve.