Teams will consist of a minimum of 4 players on the court with a maximum of 4 males. If a team cannot provide the minimum number of players, they will forfeit the match. Teams are allowed to bring in players (maximum 2) not on their regular roster provided the skill level does not exceed that of the regular player. Notify the opposing team and the league coordinator beforehand if your team will not be able to play at the scheduled time. It is recommended that teams have at least 8 players on the roster to avoid forfeits.
Agfa has agreed to store the equipment in the closet at their reception desk. The Home team playing the first game of the day will be responsible for setup of the equipment and the Away team of the last game will return the equipment. Note: Entry to the building is restricted to the front doors; all other doors are locked.
- Position the net so the writing on the net is not upside down.
- There are four connection points on the net. Three of them have carabiners on them. Take the one loop that does not have a carabiner on it and pass it over the top wheel of the pole pulling it far enough so it is below the welded bracket on the pole.
- With the winch half of the pull strap, hook through the loop to hold it in place.
- At the other end of the net, take the top strap with the carabiner attached and run it over the top wheel on the pole and pulling it downward. Clip the carabiner to the top ring of the pole that is about half way down.
- Use the strap with the carabiner on the lower part of the net to clip to the lower ring on the pole. Repeat this step at the other end of the net.
- Finally, hook the second half of the pull strap to the top ring on the pole and run the strap through the winch part of the pull strap.
- Winch the pull strap until the top of the net is tight.
There is a small step ladder stored with the equipment. Please use it to set up the net to avoid injury and return it with the equipment when done.
There are 4 showers in the Agfa building available for league use. Enter the front door and go down the hall to the left. The showers are located at the end of the hall on the right. Note: Use of the showers is a privilege that has been extended to the league that must be respected. Please make sure to clean up after yourself when finished with the facilities.
Matches will consist of the best 2 out of 3 games.
Games will be played using rally point scoring.
Games will be played to 25 points, except the 3rd game which will be played to 15 points. Games must be won by a minimum 2 point lead. The score of each game will be capped at 27/17 points.
If time does not permit a 3rd game to be played and the teams are tied at 1 game each, a tie will be recorded.
If time is called in the middle of the 3rd game, a minimum of 7 points must be played for the game to count. If the score is tied when time is called, one additional point will be played to determine the winner.
Teams will earn 2 points for a win and 1 point for a tie.
Match scores will be reported to the league coordinator via email. Please report the results of only the first 2 games, unless the 3rd game is required to break a tie. (This will help determine rakings between teams that are tied for points.)
A maximum of five serves are allowed for each server. Once this maximum has been reached, the serving team will rotate positions and continue to serve.
Serves may not be blocked or spiked.
A double hit on the first bump after the serve is allowed.
Playing at the Net
Player contact with the net is allowed provided it does not interfere with play and is not excessive.
Hits made during an attempted block do not count towards a team’s 3-hit limit. Furthermore, a player who has hit the ball during an attempted block may immediately hit the ball again as the team’s first hit.
When two opponents touch the ball simultaneously over the net and the ball goes out, it is the fault of the team on the opposite side of the net from where the ball lands.
A player may reach beyond the net after hitting the ball during an attack hit provided such action does not interfere with play.
A player may reach beyond the net while blocking only after the opposition has executed their attack hit.
A player may penetrate under the net provide it does not interfere with play. A player’s foot may not completely cross the centre line under the net.
Playing with Feet
Contacting the ball with feet is allowed. Please try to do so in a safe manner. If an injury occurs due to the use of feet, this rule will be revoked.
Questions and concerns can be directed to Chris Watson, email@example.com