Since the COVID-19 situation continues to develop, this event has been cancelled until further notice. When the event is rescheduled, updates will be provided.
Learn how to develop a dynamic research strategy by attending this workshop geared to early career researchers (in the first three years of a tenure-track appointment).
Monday, April 6, 2020 - Cancelled
9 a.m. to 12 p.m.
Mike and Ophelia Lazaridis Quantum-Nano Centre (Room 2502)
Welcome and introductions
Grant writing and development
- Outlining your research plan
- Incorporating the impact of your research in an application
Climbing the research funding ladder
- Collaboration with other researchers to build a research grant profile
- Building your research profile locally and globally
- Knowledge mobilization strategies
Research partnerships, intellectual property and commercialization
- Waterloo’s Policy #73 and entrepreneurship
- Resources for developing industry, non-profit, government partnerships
Student training and mentoring
- Importance of supervising students and highly qualified personnel (HQP)
- Equity, diversity, and inclusion
Research ethics and leaves
- Responsible research and ethics clearance
- Leaves of absence and research policies
Financial administration of research funds and Research Communications
- Use of grant funds
- Roles, responsibilities, and compliance
- Embargoes and engaging research communications staff
Information and privacy: questions regarding the collection of information on this form can be directed to the form administrator.