Presented by Ontario Research and Commercialization Alliance (ORCA) on International Women's day.
Celebrate International Women’s Day with speakers and panel members as they share their knowledge and expertise on how we can incorporate equity, diversity and inclusion practices when building research and innovation teams.
The event consists of an introduction from the event MC and two panels centered around EDI.
How equity diversity and inclusion support innovation:
- Event MC Dr. Dominique Bérubé, Vice-President, Research, SSHRC
Panel 1: EDI in research teams
- Dr. Molly Shoichet, Tier 1 Canada Research Chair in Tissue Engineering, University of Toronto
- Dr. Lisa Porter, Executive Director of WESPARK Health Institute, University of Windsor
- Dr. Elizabeth Trinket, Mechanical Engineering PhD, McMaster University
- Dr. Catherine Tsilfidis, Assistant Dean, Office of Equity, Diversity and Inclusion, of the Faculty of Medicine, University of Ottawa
Panel 2: EDI for inventors and founders
- Dr. Ilse Treurnicht, Executive Chair of Triphase Accelerator Corp
- Evelyn Allen, CEO and Co-founder Evercloak
- Marc Sedam, Vice Provost for Innovation and New Ventures and Managing Director of UNH Innovation
- Dr. Sheila Singh, Tier 1 Canada Research Chair in Human Brain Cancer Stem Cell Biology, McMaster University
More information and registration