This research-focused webinar considers what our virtual future may look like. We will need to improve productivity with better design and automation, make telecommuting more effective and apply to more job roles, learn new ways of managing a dispersed workforce, all while ensuring we remain connected to and engaged with colleagues, employers, families, and friends.
Moderator: Neil Randall, Executive Director, The Games Institute; Chair, Council for Responsible Innovation and Technology
Expert panelists include:
- Ashley Mehlenbacher - Assistant Professor, English; President, Association for the Rhetoric of Science, Technology, and Medicine
- Jennifer Boger - Assistant Professor, Systems Design Engineering; Schlegel Chair in Technology for Independent Living at the Research Institute for Aging
- Michael Barnett-Cowan - Associate Professor, Kinesiology
- Jim Wallace - Associate Professor, School of Public Health and Health Systems
- Andrea Kerswill - Director, Innovation & Scotiabank FactoryU, Scotiabank
Registration is required for each panel. A Webex link will be provided before the talk. Each webinar will feature a 60-minute, moderated panel, with 5 or 6 participants followed by an optional 30-minute Q&A (questions can be submitted through the web conference chat).