myResearch is a web-based, comprehensive research management, networking, and expertise discovery system that will be available for researchers and research administrative staff in 2019.
myResearch is currently being tested using CVs from faculty members from across all faculties on campus to:
- ensure accuracy and completeness of data such as publications, researcher information, affiliations, etc. using researchers’ CVs and
- gather valuable feedback from researchers to determine any problem areas and make improvements.
Faculty members who would like to have their profile created on myResearch can send their CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
myResearch will provide researchers with the ability to measure research output through bibliometrics, which offers a useful approach for measuring some aspects of research output. The Bibliometrics White Paper was developed to offer recommended practices for using bibliometrics and acts as a guiding principle to measure research output across the University.
How is myResearch different from previous systems?
- create rich researcher profiles that are discoverable online,
- provide funding opportunities with notifications for deadlines and relevant opportunities,
- enable in-depth reporting and analytics of publications, research outputs, and citation data,
- integrate with the Canadian Common CV website, and
- offer a streamlined, electronic Office of Research cover sheet for more convenient and faster signature approvals.
How will myResearch help you?
- save time and increase data accuracy through validated publication imports from many online sources,
- showcase accomplishments, increasing visibility within the research community,
- encourage collaboration by promoting research activities and expertise,
- compile a complete view of research outputs from a variety of external sources, and
- integrate with internal systems, such as OFIS and UW Scholar, to reduce administrative burden.