myResearch is a web-based, comprehensive research management, networking, and expertise discovery system that will be available for researchers and research administrative staff in 2018.
Testing of myResearch is underway with a select group of faculty members from across all faculties on campus to:
- ensure accuracy and completeness of data such as publications, researcher information, affiliations, etc. using researchers’ CVs and
- gather valuable feedback from researchers to determine any problem areas and make improvements.
myResearch will provide researchers with the ability to measure research output through bibliometrics, which offers a useful approach for measuring some aspects of research output. The Bibliometrics White Paper was developed to offer recommended practices for using bibliometrics and acts as a guiding principle to measure research output across the University.
How is myResearch different from previous systems?
- create rich researcher profiles that are discoverable online,
- provide funding opportunities with notifications for deadlines and relevant opportunities,
- enable in-depth reporting and analytics of publications, research outputs, and citation data,
- integrate with the Canadian Common CV website, and
- offer a streamlined, electronic Office of Research cover sheet for more convenient and faster signature approvals.
How will myResearch help you?
- save time and increase data accuracy through validated publication imports from many online sources,
- showcase accomplishments, increasing visibility within the research community,
- encourage collaboration by promoting research activities and expertise,
- compile a complete view of research outputs from a variety of external sources, and
- integrate with internal systems, such as OFIS and UW Scholar, to reduce administrative burden.