An information session for Waterloo faculty and staff
Date: Tuesday, September 28, 2021
Time: 10:30 - 11:30 a.m.
- 10:30 – 10:40 a.m: OCI at a glance - Voucher for Innovation and Productivity (VIP) Program (presented by OCI)
- 10:40 – 10:50 a.m: NSERC at a glance – Alliance Program (presented by NSERC)
- 10:50 – 11 a.m: OCI-NSERC Partnership Overview (presented by OCI)
- 11 – 11:10 a.m: Joint Proposal VIP-Alliance University Stream Overview (presented by NSERC)
- 11:10 – 11:30 a.m: Q&A
OCI offers two main programs to support the collaboration between Academia and Industry:
In partnership, NSERC's Alliance grant and OCI’s Voucher for Innovation and Productivity (VIP) will support post-secondary R&D collaborations with the highest potential for regional economic development and commercialization in Ontario.
Individual proposals can request at least $20,000 up to $30,000 from NSERC (Alliance grant) and at least $20,000 up to $30,000 from OCI VIP, with a corresponding $20,000 to $30,000 contribution (cash + in-kind) from the industry partner (at least 50% must be cash provided to the academic institution). The streamlined joint application and decision process enables companies to quickly undertake new research collaborations with Ontario-based researchers and have their cash contribution leveraged by both NSERC and OCI. The mutually beneficial projects are expected to result in economic benefits to the company and to Ontario and build impactful longer-term collaborations between the researcher and the company.
- NSERC webpage updates link: https://www.nserc-crsng.gc.ca/Innovate-Innover/VIP-BIP_eng.asp
- OCI webpage updates link: https://www.oc-innovation.ca/programs/voucher-for-innovation-and-productivity-vip/
Individual proposals can request at least $20,000 up to $150,000 from OCI, with a corresponding 1:1 match from the industry partner (at least 50% must be cash provided to the academic institution).
Please register below to receive a link to the event.