During the COVID-19 emergency, the Safety Office is continuing to provide services remotely. The essential services listed below continue to take priority while the in-person services listed will be temporarily suspended until further notice.
If you have questions or need support, continue to contact Safety Office staff member you normally would. If you are unsure who to contact, send an email to email@example.com and contact UW Police with emergencies.
- Response to emergency situations (e.g., hazardous spills, fires, critical injuries as defined by the Occupational Health and Safety Act)
- Hazardous waste receiving in the Environmental Safety Facility (ESF) will continue on a modified schedule
- Incident investigation and reporting
- WSIB reporting of injuries and claims management
- Emergency consultations for work that is essential and cannot be delayed
Work that will be suspended until further notice:
- JHSC workplace inspections
- Joint Health and Safety Committee meetings
- WHMIS relabeling
- Interoffice mailing (e.g., posters, labels)
- Work that requires in-person consultations
Environmental Safety Facility (ESF) hours:
Until further notice, the ESF and hazardous waste pick-up hours have been modified to the following:
- Until and including March 25th, 2020 the ESF will be open 11 am - 12 pm.
- After March 25th, 2020 waste pick-up will be performed on an on call basis and must be scheduled with Greg Friday.
Contact Greg Friday for more information.