The "laboratory hazards" poster is to provide University of Waterloo Police and Waterloo Fire Rescue quick and easily understood information about the various chemical and physical hazards in you laboratory.
The chemical hazard poster is to be located adjacent to the doors of all laboratories containing the following items:
|Flammable liquids||More than 10L||Acetone, ethanol|
|Flammable solids||Any||Nitrocellulose membranes|
|Water reactive||Any||Sodium metal|
|Oxidizing||Any more than 10L||Hydrogen peroxide|
|Organic peroxides||More than 250 ml||epoxy hardeners|
|Poisonous||More than 10L||Sodium cyanide|
|Corrosive||More than 10L||Hydrochloric and sodium hydroxide|
Material in the size range of the size range from approximately 1nm to 100nm.
|Non-flammable and non-toxic||Any more than 1 large cylinder||Helium|
|Biohazard||Use of human blood or bodily fluids||Permit issued by Biosafety safety committee|
|Magnetic fields||1 Telsa||NMR|
|High voltage||More than 750 volts||30 amps or more|
|Cryogenic liquids||10L||Liquid nitrogen|
The poster is an Interactive PDF located at:
- Save the poster to your hardrive or desktop.( some browsers do not work well with interactive PDF files).
- Open with Adobe Reader XI works well.
- Click on "No" to remove a hazard from the poster.
- Click on "Yes" to add the hazard to the poster.
- Complete the contact information.
- Save poster for futrher modification.
- Once you have completed the poster Print in colour or send as attachment to email@example.com.
- It will be printed and forwarded to you via interoffice mail.
If you have any questions please contact the Safety Office at ext. 33587.