Job safety analysis (JSA), or job hazard analysis (JHA) is a workplace assessment method used to identify and prioritize unacceptable risks relating to the performance of job tasks with the ultimate goal of developing controls that reduce the risk to acceptable levels.
Who should take this course?
- Joint Health and Safety Committee members
- Helath and Safety Coordinators
- Understand the tools to effectively measure and mitigate risk within the academic setting.
- Become familiar with the duties of the workplace parties around risk management.
- Learn how to recognize various hazards within their work areas.
- Learn to identify and quantify risk associated with hazards.
- Understand risk mitigation through hazard control.
|Classroom||Job Safety Analysis (SO1019)||2.5 hours||Scheduled Sessions|
How do I register?
Register for classroom courses through Workday.
Follow these steps to register:
- Log in to Workday using your WatIAM.
- Select the Learning category.
- Locate the Browse option on the right-hand side.
- Search for and select the training session from the list.
- Choose Enroll and then Submit on the following screen.
Notes - Courses without a minimum number of 6 students enrolled may be cancelled the day before it is scheduled to occur. If you are registered for a cancelled course, you will receive an email notification.
Contact the Safety Office for additional support.