University of Waterloo
Environment 3 Building
200 University Avenue West
Waterloo, Ontario N2L 3G1, Canada
Tel. (519) 888-4567
Please find a copy of the SEED Strategic Plan (PDF) available for download
SEED mission, values and vision
SEED develops knowledge, tools and expertise that integrate business and development activities with environmental and social objectives in order to realize a sustainable world.
- SEED believes that all human activities must be guided by a commitment to an environmentally sustainable and just future.
- SEED believes that our outlook must be global and inclusive.
- SEED is solutions oriented in our research, our teaching and in our engagement with the community.
- SEED believes that sound solutions to Canada’s social and ecological challenges must be evidence-based, and supported by creating a culture of continuous social innovation.
- SEED believes in the value of integration across disciplines in our teaching, research and outreach activities.
- SEED is committed to instilling an ethos of professionalism among our students, and our faculty and staff.
- SEED has a responsibility to demonstrate leadership both locally and globally, and to be active participants within our communities.
SEED strives to be a recognized nationally and internationally by students, researchers, and the business and policy communities as a leading academic institution for integrating business and development activities with environmental and social objectives, and advancing social innovation.