Financial aid and awards
- MDP students are eligible for an Environment Graduate Student Scholarship of $2,500. This academic scholarship is based on the student's Cumulative Grade Point Average of 78% and is given during the Spring term of the Field Placement.
- Financial assistance is available for MDP conferences.
MDP students are also eligible to apply for scholarships from these sources:
- Please review the tuition fee schedules on the University of Waterloo's Finance website. Scroll down and choose a relevant term under "Graduate fee schedules"
Field placement costs
There are three types of costs incurred by students for the field placement course (INDEV 611):
- Tuition and incidental fees for the field placement course paid to University of Waterloo
- Placement fees may apply: Students selected for placement through the World University Service of Canada (WUSC) pay a single program fee of $4500 regardless of location. This fee includes return airfare, accommodation, food, living allowance, pre-departure training, and in-country support.
- Typical placement costs internationally range from $4,000 to $6,000 depending upon the country of placement.
- Note: costs are subject to change without notice.