University of Waterloo
Environment 3 Building
200 University Avenue West
Waterloo, Ontario N2L 3G1, Canada
Tel. (519) 888-4567
The Sustainability Management (SUSM) program only admits students for the fall term. The application deadline for Fall 2017 has been extended to March 1st.
Applicants to the SUSM program for Fall 2017 will be notified of their application status by mid-April.
Waterloo's graduate studies application process is entirely electronic. We do not require paper documents to be mailed to us at the time of the application. Refer to the application process website for more details.
|Degree requirements||Minimum GPA upon entry||Supporting documents||Course load flexibility?||
|Honours Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent in a humanities, social science, health, engineering, natural science, environmental science, or business discipline||Overall average of at least 75% in the last two years||
Statement of interest*
2 letters of reference
Full- and part-time study options available
Acceptance into the program will depend on:
- academic standing
- letters of reference
- the student's subject area of interest in relation to expertise which can be offered through the MES SM program
- the availability of financial assistance, if needed.
*Statement of interest (complete on Quest)
The statement of interest should be about 500 words long and address the two points below. You may find it helpful to read about research conducted at SEED:
- Describe your interests in sustainability management (i.e. why you want to study sustainability management).
- What aspects of sustainability management (e.g., developmental issues, sustainable finance, sustainable corporations, life-cycles, etc.) are of most interest to you?
English Language Proficiency
Applicants whose first language is not English must demonstrate command of the English language with an English Language Proficiency Test. Our program requires students to meet the requirements of the "alternative higher scores".
80 per section;
60 per band;
overall in level 400 with at least 75% in writing, oral and academic skills
- Deferrals for admission and delayed entries will not be permitted
Note: If there is a discrepancy between this site and the Graduate Studies Calendar, please refer to the latter for the most accurate information.