University of Waterloo
Environment 3 Building
200 University Avenue West
Waterloo, Ontario N2L 3G1, Canada
Tel. (519) 888-4567
Implementation of Local Agenda 21s and the Engagement of Partners in Local Sustainable Development
- Clarke, A. (2014). Designing Social Partnerships for Local Sustainability Strategy Implementation (pp. 79-102). Seitanidi, M. & Crane, A. (Eds.) Social Partnerships and Responsible Business: A Research Handbook. London, UK: Routledge (Taylor and Francis). (View pre-publication version)
- Chen, H. (2013). Implementation of Collaborative Community Sustainability Plans (CCSPs): Correlations between Key Collaborative Stuctural Features and Plan Outcomes. Master's Major Research Paper. SEED, University of Waterloo, Canada.
- Clarke, A. (2012). Passing Go: Moving Beyond the Plan. Ottawa: Federation of Canadian Municipalities. (Publication in English (PDF) / Publication in French (PDF))
- Roseland, M. (2012). Toward Sustainable Communities: Solutions for Citizens and Their Governments (4th ed.). Gabriola Island, BC: New Society Publishers.
- Clarke, A. & MacDonald, A. (2012). Partner Engagement for Community Sustainability: Supporting Sustainable Development Initiatives by Reducing Friction in the Local Economy. State of Knowledge Report. Ottawa: Sustainable Prosperity.
- Austin, J. and Seitanidi, M.M. (2012b). Collaborative Value Creation: Partnerships Processes. Nonprofit and Voluntary Sector Quarterly, 41(6): 929-968.
- Austin, J. and Seitanidi, M.M. (2012a). Collaborative Value Creation: A Review of Partnering between Business and Nonprofits. Nonprofit and Voluntary Sector Quarterly, 41(5): 723-755.
- Taylor, A. (2012). A Study of Indicators, Domains, and Scoring Methods for use in a Canadian Community Sustainability Indicator Framework. Master's thesis. ERS, University of Waterloo, Canada.
- MacDonald, A. (2012). Community Collaboration for Sustainability: Incentive and Disincentives for Partner Organization Engagement in Collaborative Community Sustainability Strategies. Master's Major Research Paper. SEED, University of Waterloo, Canada.
- Clarke, A. (2012) Implementing Agenda 21s through Local Agenda 21s: An International Study to Improve Collaborative Governance Structures and Green Economy Outcomes, Annual Review of Social Partnerships, Issue 7 (October): 12.
- Clarke, A. (2011). Key Structural Features for Collaborative Strategy Implementation: A Study of Territorial Sustainable Development Collaborations. Management et Avenir, 50(10): 153-171. DOI: 10.3917/mav.050.0153 (view pre-publication version)
- Michaux, V., Defelix, C., & Raulet-Croset, N. (2011). Boosting Territorial Multi-stakeholder Cooperation, Coordination and Collaboration: Strategic and Managerial Issues. Management & Avenir, 50(10): 122-136. DOI: 10.3917/mav.050.012
- Clarke, A. (2011). Partnerships for Sustainability at the Local Level, Annual Review of Social Partnerships, Issue 6 (May): 4.
- Clarke, A., & Fuller, M. (2010) Collaborative Strategic Management: Strategy Formulation and Implementation by Multi-Organizational Cross-Sector Social Partnerships. Journal of Business Ethics, 94(Supplement 1): 85-101. DOI: 10.1007/s10551-011-0781-5 (View pre-publication version)
- Seitanidi, M.M., Koufopoulos, D., Palmer, P. (2010). Partnership Formation for Change: Indicators for Transformative Potential in Cross Sector Social Partnerships, Journal of Business Ethics, 94(Supplement 1): 139-161.
- Clarke, A. (2010) Four Archetypal Structures for the Implementation of a Collaborative Strategy: A Study of Canadian Collaborative Regional Sustainable Development Strategies, Proceedings of the International Federation of Scholarly Associations of Management (IFSAM) Conference, Paris, France.
- Seitanidi, M.M. and Crane, A. (2009). Implementing CSR Through Partnerships: Understanding the Selection, Design and Institutionalisation of Nonprofit-Business Partnerships. Journal of Business Ethics, Special Issue on: CSR Implementation, 85(2): 251-477.
- Seitanidi, M.M., (2008). Adaptive Responsibilities: Non-Linear Interactions Across Social Sectors. Cases from Cross Sector Social Partnerships. Emergence: Complexity & Organization (E:CO) Journal, 10(3): 51-64.
- Clarke, A. & Erfan, A. (2007). Regional Sustainability Strategies: A Comparison of Eight Canadian Approaches. Plan Canada, 47(3): 15-18. (View pre-publication version)
- Clarke, A. (2007) Collaborative Strategic Management: Success Factors per Process Phase, ESADE's Institute of Public Management (IDGP) E-Newsletter: PUBLIC. No. 13, October 2007.
- Clarke, A. (2006) Regional Sustainable Development Strategies: Variations in Formulation and Content in Nine Canadian Case Studies and the Implications for Eco-Procurement (PDF), Montreal: North American Commission for Environmental Cooperation – Environment, Economy and Trade Program.
Local Green Economy
- Hoque, A., Clarke, A. & MacDonald, A. (2014). Implementing a Developing Country’s Global Environmental Commitments: Industry Perspectives on Potential Pollution Prevention Programs in Bangladesh (p.149-175). Vazquez-Brust, D., Sarkis, J. & Cordeiro, J. (Eds.) Collaboration for Sustainability and Innovation in the Global South: A Role for South Driven Sustainability? NY: Springer Publishing Company. (view pre-publication version)
- Basan, D., Chan, T., Crockford, N., Pham, C. & Polda, O. (2013). Measuring the Green Economy - Waterloo Region. Undergraduate capstone course project. SEED, University of Waterloo, Canada.
- Hoque, A. & Clarke, A. (2013). Greening of Industry in Bangladesh: Pollution Prevention Practices. Journal of Cleaner Production, 51: 47-56. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.jclepro.2012.09.008
- Kouri, R., & Clarke, A. (2012). Framing ‘Green Jobs’ Discourse: Analysis of Popular Usage. Sustainable Development. DOI: 10.1002/sd.1526
- Kemp, A. & Clarke, A. (2012). Greening the Local Economy through Municipal Sustainable Procurement Policies: Implementation Challenges and Successes in Western Canada. Simpson, R. & Zimmermann, M. (Eds.) The Economy of Green Cities: World Compendium on the Green Urban Economy. NY: Springer Publishing Company.