In your first-year, you will complete 2 study terms and take 5 courses each term. For both the fall and winter terms of your first year, your required courses will be scheduled for you. Starting July 21, you will be able to view your class schedule on QUEST.
Elective information for students entering in Sept 2017 (Class of 2022)
You will have at least 8 electives throughout your 4 years of the AFM program. The exact number will depend on the professional designations that you choose to pursue as a part of your AFM degree. There are many options regarding the use of your electives.
- minors (entrepreneurship, international studies, languages, etc.)
- exploring your passions or new areas of interest
- pursuing both a CPA and CFA designation
- gaining further knowledge in accounting and/or finance (Analytics, Internal Audit, etc.)
Click here to see the 2017-2018 Academic Calendar Degree Requirements for AFM students.
|Fall (1A) Term||Winter (1B) term|
|Accounting and Financial Management (AFM) 101 - Introduction to Financial Accounting||AFM 102 – Introduction to Managerial Accounting|
|AFM 131 - Introduction to Business in North America||AFM 121 – Introduction to Global Financial Markets|
|MATH 109 - Mathematics for Accounting & Finance||Statistics (STAT) 211 - Introductory Statistics|
|Economics (ECON) 101 - Introduction to Micro Economics||Speech communication (SPCOM) 111 – Leadership, Communication and Collaboration|
|Economics (ECON) 102 - Introduction to Macro Economics||
- You will automatically be enrolled in your 9 required first year courses as listed above
- AFM 101, AFM 131, MATH 109 and ECON 101 must be completed in 1A
- If you choose to use the first year elective in 1A, you should contact Aziza Chaudhry at email@example.com for approval. ECON 102 will then be taken in the 1B term. You will be able to make changes to your course selection beginning July 21st.