Your experiential advantage: understand, apply, integrate
The SAF Learning Model focuses on the development of skills, knowledge, and professional qualities. Becoming a complete professional begins with understanding core concepts, followed by applying your knowledge, and finally integrating it all through academic, co-op, extracurricular, and co-curricular experiences.
Understand: Learn how-to-learn and enhance your knowledge of core concepts and functional competencies with the help of
- SAF support resources
- access to faculty advice, Living-Learning Community, Peer Leaders, senior SAF students, and
- other resources such as the SAF Finance & Analytics Lab
Apply: Enrich your understanding of concepts in a business context and explore your career interests through
- in-class case-based projects,
- extra-curricular competitions and professional conferences, and
- 16 months of co-op work experiences.
Integrate: Apply appropriate concepts to analyze a situation, work collaboratively and communicate results through courses and co-op experiences to
- continuously improve your thinking, problem solving, and analytical skills,
- hone your communication and collaboration skills, and
- develop your team skills and leadership abilities.