Office: Hagey Hall 3121
Phone: 519-888-4567 ext. 36514
Education and Certificates
- Ph.D. in Accounting and Information Systems (Virginia Tech)
- Master of Accounting (North Carolina State University)
- Bachelor of Arts (Ohio Wesleyan University)
- Certified Public Accountant (North Carolina)
My primary research area is archival taxation, especially as it relates to corporate social responsibility, corporate lobbying, tax policy, and the political process.
Prior to earning my Ph.D. at Virginia Tech and coming to Waterloo, I spent five years with the Private Client Advisors group of Deloitte Tax in Raleigh, North Carolina.
- The Influence of Corporate Social Responsibility on Lobbying Effectiveness: Evidence from Effective Tax Rates (Dissertation)
- Contagion of Tax Aggressiveness (with Bryan Cloyd, Virginia Tech)
- Do Executives Use Lobbying to Influence Their Firms' Effective Tax Rates? (with Bryan Cloyd, Virginia Tech)
- AFM 362 - Taxation 1