At a glance
- About the program
- How to participate
- How to become a mentor
- How to become a mentee
SAF Mentorship Program
The School of Accounting and Finance (SAF) Mentorship Program connects SAF alumni with SAF students. The aim of the program is to:
- Provide students with the opportunity to gain valuable insight into a range of industry sectors, professions and professional related topics.
- To ensure students are well informed and confident when navigating career opportunities.
- Provide a great experiential learning opportunity for students who have a keen interest in making a connection with alumni.
- Offer a meaningful way for alumni to contribute to the development of SAF students by sharing insight with them.
- The aim of the program is not to match students with potential employers.
How to participate
This year, alumni participation can take form in two ways:
- [CLOSED] Option 1: Full-cycle Mentorship Program (Traditional format)
- Note: All matches for our 2016/17 Full Cycle Mentorship Program are now complete. We are no longer accepting applications for this program.
- Mentors and students who choose this option will be matched based on mutual interests. Mentors and students are expected to meet a minimum of 1 hour/month for 12 months, either online or in person, to develop a meaningful professional mentorship relationship.
- Option 2: SAF Connects
- This format will be less structured and will allow students to view alumni profiles and request connection through casual meetings – such as grabbing a cup of coffee and chatting about career paths and insights. Student requests to connect with alumni will be facilitated through the school. Please note, alumni contact information will not be published and mentors will not be connected to more than 12 students throughout the year.
Those who wish to participate may choose one or both of these options – just make sure to indicate which option(s) you are interested in once you sign up below.
How to become a mentor (SAF Connects ONLY)
If you are a SAF alumnus and interested in becoming a mentor with our SAF Connects program, please complete the online form.
How to become a mentee (SAF Connects ONLY)
If you are a 3rd or 4th year SAF student and interested in connecting with an alumni mentor, please complete the SAF Mentorship Program Quiz on Learn. Upon earning 100%, you will be provided with additional instructions to complete your application.
For questions or more information regarding the SAF Mentorship Program, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
*Please note, both mentorship options are currently underway and will continue until August 2017.
Read how the SAF Mentorship Program Strengthens Connections in the Daily Bulletin.