Continuation in the Science and Business program requires a cumulative overall average of 65% and a cumulative Science average of 65%. Successful completion of this program requires:
|AFM 131||CHEM 123/123L||AFM 123||CORE Science Elective||AFM 231||CORE Science Elective||CORE Science Elective||CORE Science Elective|
|CHEM 120/120L||CORE Science Elective||CORE Science Elective||CORE Science Elective||CORE Science Elective||CORE Science Elective||CORE Science Elective||CORE Science Elective|
|CORE Science Elective||ECON 101||CORE Science Elective||ECON 102||CORE Science Elective||CORE Science Elective||Elective||CORE Science Elective|
|MATH 127||MATH 128||CORE Science Elective||ECON 201||SCBUS 225||ECON 344||Elective||Elective|
|SCBUS 123||SCBUS 122||SCBUS 223||ECON 221||ECON 371||SCBUS 323||SCBUS 423||Elective|
Successful completion of this program requires
- 21.0 units distributed as follows:
- 1.5 CHEM units: CHEM 120, CHEM 120L, CHEM 123, and CHEM 123L
- 8.5 Science elective units with the following conditions:
- A minimum of 3.0 units at a 200-level or higher
- A minimum of 3.0 units at a 300-level or higher
- A maximum of 1.0 lab unit
- 1.5 AFM units: AFM 123, AFM 131, and AFM 231
- 3.0 ECON units: ECON 101, ECON 102, ECON 201, ECON 221, ECON 344, and ECON 371
- 1.0 MATH unit: MATH 127 and MATH 128
- 0.5 CS unit: CS 100
- 3.0 SCBUS units: SCBUS 122, SCBUS 123, SCBUS 223, SCBUS 225, SCBUS 323, and SCBUS 423
- 0.5 Program elective unit chosen from: ACTSC 231, ECON 211, ECON 220, ECON 361, ECON 372, HRM 200, HRM 301, MSCI 311, MSCI 432, STAT 231, and STAT 333
- 1.0 Science elective or Program elective unit
- 0.5 elective unit, any subject
- Completion of the English Language Proficiency Requirement
- Completion of Co-op Program requirements
Additional program conditions
- The 8.5 unit Science elective yearly sequence differs for students who take BIOL in Year One versus those who take EARTH or PHYS in Year One:
- BIOL: 1.0 unit, 2.5 units, 2.5 units, and 2.5 units
- EARTH or PHYS: 1.5 units, 2.5 units, 2.5 units, and 2.0 units (i.e. first year labs will replace an upper year Science elective in Year Four)
- BIOL 101 does not count towards this program.
- A maximum of 2.0 failed units is permitted.
- Normally, a maximum of 3.0 SCBUS units is permitted.
- Co-op program information requirements are located in the Co-operative Education and Career Action section of this Calendar and in the Science Faculty work term report guidelines.
- Science elective courses include BIOL, CHEM, EARTH and PHYS.
- BIOL labs are recommended but not required unless needed to satisfy upper year courses as prerequisites.
- HRM 200 and MSCI 311 are recommended Program electives.
- Alternative Program electives may be substituted with permission from the program advisor.
- Students can emphasize finance in this program by selecting STAT 231, STAT 333, ACTSC 231, or ECON 372, or by substituting STAT 230 or ACTSC 446 as Program electives.
- Program outlines and course sequencing information are available on the Science and Business website.