Continuation in the Science and Business program requires a cumulative overall average of 65% and a cumulative Science average of 65%. Successful completion of this program requires:
|AFM 131||CHEM 123/123L||AFM 123||
CORE Science Elective OR
|Econ 220||CORE Science Elective||CORE Science Elective||CORE Science Elective|
|CHEM 120/120L||CORE Science Elective||CORE Science Elective||CORE Science Elective||CORE Science Elective||CORE Science Elective||CORE Science Elective||CORE Science Elective|
|SCCOM 100||ECON 101||CORE Science Elective||ECON 102||CORE Science Elective||AFM 231||Elective||CORE Science Elective|
|MATH 127||MATH 128||CORE Science Elective||ECON 201||CORE Science Elective||ECON 371||Program Elective||Elective|
|SCBUS 123||SCBUS 122||SCBUS 223||ECON 221||SCBUS 323||SCBUS 225||SCBUS 423||Elective|
Successful completion of this program requires:
- 21.0 units distributed as follows:
- 1.5 CHEM units: CHEM 120, CHEM 120L, CHEM 123, and CHEM 123L
- 8.0 Science elective units that include:
- One of the following:
- A minimum of 3.0 units at a 200-level or higher
- A minimum of 2.5 units at a 300-level or higher
- A minimum of 0.5 unit at a 400-level
- A maximum of 1.0 lab unit
- 1.5 AFM units: AFM 123, AFM 131, and AFM 231
- 2.5 ECON units: ECON 101, ECON 102, ECON 201, ECON 221, and ECON 371
- 0.5 MGMT unit: MGMT 220
- 1.0 MATH unit: MATH 127 and MATH 128
- 0.5 CS unit: CS 100
- 3.0 SCBUS units: SCBUS 122, SCBUS 123, SCBUS 223, SCBUS 225, SCBUS 323, and SCBUS 423
- 0.5 program elective unit chosen from: ACTSC 231, ECON 211, ECON 361, ECON 372, HRM 200, HRM 301, MSCI 311, MSCI 432, STAT 231, and STAT 333
- 1.0 Science elective or program elective unit
- 0.5 ENGL unit: ENGL 193/SPCOM 193
- 0.5 elective unit, any subject
Additional Program Conditions:
- Students who select BIOL, EARTH, or PHYS with two associated labs to meet their Year One Science requirements will need one less 0.5 unit Science elective in order to fulfil the 8.0 unit Science elective requirement.
- Students who select BIOL with one or less associated labs to meet their Year One Science requirements must take an additional 0.5 unit of Science to fulfil the 8.0 unit Science elective requirement.
- BIOL 101 does not count towards this program.
- A maximum of 2.0 failed units is permitted.
- Normally, a maximum of 3.0 SCBUS units is permitted.
- Alternate program electives may be substituted with permission form the academic advisor.
- Science elective courses include BIOL, CHEM, EARTH, and PHYS.
- PHYS 121 and PHYS 121L can substitute PHYS 111 and PHYS 111L.
- PHYS 122 and PHYS 122L can substitute PHYS 112 and PHYS 112L.
- BIOL labs are recommended but not required unless needed to satisfy upper-year courses as prerequisites.
- HRM 200 and MSCI 311 are recommended program electives.
- Students can choose to emphasize one of the following business areas by selecting or substituting appropriate program electives into their program. Students should note that this may require an additional term(s) of study:
- Program outlines are available on the Science and Business website.