The Mini Link room is located in C2-278. It is a small classroom with built-in videoconferencing equipment that provides a link to the Guelph campus's link room. Here is a short, really helpful video containing complete instructions on its use:
Mini Link Room instructions
Powering up the system
- Hold the power switch on the podium's control panel for 3 seconds approximately.
- Press the AV1 button on the control panel for sound and video selection.
- Both of buttons must be lit for the system to work.
- As you press the power button, the display monitors will turn on after 5 seconds.
- Use the projector's remote control to turn it on.
- You will find connections for AC power, VGA, audio, and network on the podium. The system supports both widescreen and standard VGA resolutions.
- To turn on the document camera, turn on the power button at the base of the camera.
- To switch between a connected laptop & the document camera, press the “Extern” button on the camera.
- To display the laptop or camera on the monitor, press the laptop button on the remote.
Making a call
- On the main remote, Press the phone book key.
- Select “my contacts”, then select the appropriate remote site. The call should be made in a few seconds. The system will automatically answer inbound calls.
- Ensure that the monitors and projector are turned on.
Enabling picture in picture mode
- Picture in picture is turned on by default so that you can see your video.
- To turn off picture in picture, press the home button on the main remote, and navigate to the appropriate menu.
- To transmit video from laptop or document camera, press the laptop button on the remote.
- Turn on “extern” for external VGA devices, leave it off for document camera
Moving the cameras
- The 2 cameras can be panned and zoomed independently using the remote
- There are 5 keys that show up at the bottom of the monitor, these correspond to the 5 unmarked keys on top of the remote
- Select one of the first 2 keys to reset the camera you want to its default settings
- From here, you should be able to pan and zoom the camera of your choice as you like.
Ending a call
- Press the “hang up” button on the remote
- You will be prompted to confirm this on the monitor
Shutting down the system
- Turn off the projector using the projector’s remote
- A confirmation will show up on the projector screen; press the power button again to turn it off.
- Verify that the projector is off (i.e not emitting any light)
- Turn of the display monitor using the controls on the podium
- Turn off the document camera by pressing the power button on the camera
*Ensure the room was left as you found it. Lock the door behind you.
*If you have further questions, please contact Paul Miskovsky.