How to install the Zoom desktop client
- Visit the Zoom download page.
- If your system is 64-bit, click the blue "Download" button.
- If your system is 32-bit, click the blue "Download 32-bit client" link directly below the 64-bit option.
- Once "Zoominstaller.exe" has been downloaded, click and run the installer.
- Zoom will automatically open once it has finished installing. "Join meeting" allows one to join a meeting without a Zoom account. "Sign in" allows for one to sign into an existing Zoom account.
Creating and accessing Zoom accounts
The University of Waterloo has its own Zoom license with features otherwise unavailible to free users.
Faculty, staff, and students can create an account by going to the University's Zoom page, clicking "Sign In", and logging in with their firstname.lastname@example.org credentials.
Issues or Concerns?
- Please contact the Science Computing Helpdesk.