Welcome to the Faculty of Science HeForShe information page. Here, you will find a curated list of Science-related upcoming events run by Science HeForShe, campus-wide HeForShe, and affiliated faculty groups.
What is the HeForShe campaign?
The University of Waterloo is one of the ten leading universities participating in the United Nations Women’s HeForShe campaign, alongside ten global businesses and ten governments (HeForShe IMPACT 10x10x10).
From 2015 to 2020 the University of Waterloo aims to achieve the following goals:
- Boost female student participation in STEM experiences and academic careers to build the pipeline of future female leaders in traditionally male dominated disciplines
- Enhance female faculty representation to improve the campus environment today and drive towards parity in the future
- Attract and advance female leaders into senior academic and administrative university positions
Faculty of Science HeForShe Committee
The Faculty of Science HeForShe Committee has been a part of the HeForShe campaign since it began in 2015. The committee has held regular meetings with representatives from each Science department and worked with various faculty groups such as FemPhys and Women in Science to help plan and finance events and initiatives on campus that engage all students and promote gender equity.
Heidi Swanson, Chair
- Nandita Basu, Earth & Environmental Sciences
- Hilary Carteret, Institute for Quantum Computing
- Barb Katzenback, Biology
- Collen Maxwell, Pharmacy
- Kashif Memon, Science & Business
- Bill Power, Chemistry
For more information about Science HeForShe, please contact Heidi Swanson.
- Women in Science Society
- Waterloo Women Wednesdays
- Waterloo WiSTEM (Facebook Group)