The best way to start feeling at home in Science is to get involved right from the start. There are countless clubs, associations, teams, and activities you can join to enrich your experience at University of Waterloo.
Faculty of Science clubs and societies
Science Society (SciSoc)
- Biochemistry Student Association (BSA)
- Chemistry Club (ChemClub)
- Earth Sciences Undergraduate Society (WATROX)
- Materials and Nanoscience Society (MNS)
- Physics Undergraduate Club (PhysClub)
- Science and Business Students’ Association (SBSA)
Science-oriented groups and organizations
- American Society for Microbiology (ASM UW)
- Biophysics Club
- Canadian Society for Epidemiology and Biostatistics (CSEB-UW)
- Let's Talk Science
- Pre-Dental Club
- Pre-Med Club
- Pre-Optometry Club
- Pre-Pharmacy Club
- Science and Business Ambassador Team (SBAT)
- Science Outreach
- University of Waterloo Campus Response Team (UW-CRT)
- UW Global Brigades – Medical & Dental
- UW Naturopathic Medicine Club
- UW Pre-Vet Club
- Waterloo iGEM
- Women in Science
- Women in STEM (WiSTEM)
Campus-wide clubs and groups
In addition to the extracurricular activities and clubs that are available within the Faculty of Science, there are numerous opportunities campus-wide. FEDS (Federation of Students) oversees several clubs encompassing a variety of interests. Visit the FEDS club site for more information.
If these types of clubs are not to your liking and you prefer a more physically active lifestyle, campus recreation provides many opportunities for these types of activity. From sports clubs, to general fitness and intramurals, you are likely to find something that interests you.
Finally, there are a number of varsity teams available on campus. For more information on how you can get involved, please visit the Warrior Athletics site.