Welcome to the Faculty of Science!
As a new student to Science, we want to get you up to speed on what's happening in this Faculty and connect you to the resources you will need to be successful.
Course selection and enrolment
The course selection and enrolment page will get you started on:
1. Understanding the difference between 'course selection' and 'enrolment',
2. When to select your courses and when to enroll into them, and
3. Tools and resources that will help with course planning.
The required courses page will give you information about:
1. Which courses to take in the Fall and Winter terms for your program,
2. Any notes or recommended electives specifically for your program, and
3. Lab schedules, physics course prerequisites, professional schools, specializations, and more.
Wondering who to contact? First-year students will connect with the Science Undergraduate Office mainly in their first year. Upper-year students will have additional advisors specific to their programs. Find out who your advisors are, and where they are located.
Not sure what a certain term means at UWaterloo? Check out the campus lingo page to get a head start on learning about the different University terms we use on campus!
Student online systems
To help with your transition to UWaterloo, upper-year students covered a number of our online systems in a video-series. You will learn what Quest and Learn is, how to pay tuition, and how to access the student Portal.
Log on to SciSpace (use your Quest user name and password) to view videos, testinmonials and resources that are available to Science students only. This will help you become more familiar and comfortable with the transition to Waterloo Science!
At Science 101, you’ll get the chance to spend time with some of the upper-year students, advisors, and professors that make up part of the community. You will experience your first Science lecture, learn the differences between your high school and university classes, practice note-taking and test-taking skills, and meet students in your own program!
Registration opens in July.