The 3MT Bootcamp is held on January 18th and 25th. Participants must attend part I and part II.
- Part I - January 18th (from 2:40 to 3:30 pm)
- Part II - January 25th (from 12:00 to 2:00 pm)
The 3MT Bootcamp is spearheaded by the GSPA and the Writing and Communication Centre. Participants will focus on skill development, presentation skills as well as working sessions, where participants will work on their 3MT presentation and get feedback.
Registration is required and spots will be determined on a first come, first served basis.
The Faculty of Science 3MT heat will be on Wednesday February 28th at 1:30 p.m. in STC room 0010.
2016 Coaching Session Video
Sample topics covered include:
- how to create an impactful 3MT slide
- how to prepare for your 3MT presentation
- advice from the University of Waterloo 3MT champion, Elahe Jabari
- question and answer period
Examples of 3MT presentations
- Check out the 3MT videos on the University of Waterloo Graduate Studies playlist (Youtube)
- Inger Mewburn (RMIT University) has developed a presentation about the 3MT: How to present your thesis in 3 minutes, or: (3 minute) Thesis Idol