Funding for very early stage companies is an important part of the support Velocity provides. The Velocity Fund is a grant program for startups and aspiring entrepreneurs to win funding through competitions held three times per year.
Join us for a jam packed day including:
11AM: Three $5,000 grants for very early stage student-run startups are on the line. Judges will select the top 2 teams and the audience will select a team as "People's Choice." Judges include:
- Adam Belsher, CEO, Magnet Forensics
- Dan Silivestru, Co-Founder and CEO, bitHound
- Steve McCartney, VP, Startup Services, Communitech
12PM: Time to mix and mingle with the $5K pitch companies while enjoying a free boxed lunch courtesy of Velocity! Lunches are limited: first-come, first-served.
1PM: The competition begins for four $25K prizes awarded to more seasoned companies! Judges featured are:
- Ameet Shah, Partner, Golden Venture Partners
- Ted Livingston, Founder & CEO, Kik
- Devon Galloway, Co-Founder, Vidyard
- Sunil Sharma, Managing Partner, Extreme Venture Partners
After the competition, you will have the chance to meet the $25K companies and get to know them better by visiting their booths and speaking directly with the founders.
We will be giving away some great prizes! Audience members will have a chance to win 1 of 5 Pebble Time Rounds! We also have tons of Velocity swag to give away to people in the audience! We can't wait to see you there!
200 University Avenue West
Waterloo, ON N2L 3G1