Funding for very early stage companies is an important part of the support Velocity provides. The Velocity Fund is a grant program for startups and aspiring entrepreneurs to win funding through competitions held three times per year.
Join us for a jam packed day including:
11AM: Three $5,000 grants for very early stage student-run startups are on the line. Judges will select the top 2 teams and the audience will select a team as "People's Choice." Judges include:
- Adam Belsher, CEO, Magnet Forensics
- Dan Silivestru, Co-Founder and CEO, bitHound
- Steve McCartney, VP, Startup Services, Communitech
12PM: Time to mix and mingle with the $5K pitch companies while enjoying a free boxed lunch courtesy of Velocity! Lunches are limited: first-come, first-served.
1PM: The competition begins for four $25K prizes awarded to more seasoned companies! Judges featured are:
- Ameet Shah, Partner, Golden Venture Partners
- Ted Livingston, Founder & CEO, Kik
- Devon Galloway, Co-Founder, Vidyard
- Sunil Sharma, Managing Partner, Extreme Venture Partners
After the competition, you will have the chance to meet the $25K companies and get to know them better by visiting their booths and speaking directly with the founders.
We will be giving away some great prizes! Audience members will have a chance to win 1 of 5 Pebble Time Rounds! We also have tons of Velocity swag to give away to people in the audience! We can't wait to see you there!