Your Science community
Within the Faculty of Science, there are several student run groups to join. There are department-based student associations which frequently run social events to participate in. The following are current active student associations.
- Biology (BGSA)
- Chemistry (CGSS)
- Earth and Environmental Sciences (ESGA)
- Pharmacy (PhGA)
- Vision Science (GIVS)
The Women in Science Society is an inclusive student-led group dedicated to supporting women and minorities pursuing science at the graduate and post-doc level. Participate in their discussions, attend one of their events, or just visit them in their office at ESC 102!
Concept Science is a partnership between Concept and the Faculty of Science. The program provides students with the tools and resources to take their idea and develop a world-class science company. Students will have access to a discovery lab space, coaching and mentorship, and opportunities to work collaboratively with peers.
Want to take your passion for Science to the next level? Share your knowledge with the local community through Science Outreach.
- Participate in the Graduate Student Association (GSA)
- Grab a meal or just hang out at the Grad House!
- Subscribe to the Graduate Student e-news. Keep up to date with news, events, important dates, workshops, and more!
- Get active with Waterloo Athletics, either through instructional fitness class, an intramural team, or a visit to the facilities available.
- Assist other students while they search for a job by becoming Career Leader with the Centre for Career Action.
- Looking for more volunteer opportunities? Check out the listings on LEADS.
Want some examples of what graduate life is like at Waterloo? Check out the video profiles on the Discover Graduate Studies site!