Faculty, alumni and friends of the Waterloo Pharmacy community came together for a fun-filled day of golf in support of our Student Success Fund. This year’s event, held August 28, is part of an annual tradition which has raised close to $180,000 towards this cause.
Congratulations to the following:
- 1st Place Team – Apotex (Andrew Matthew, Gord Davies, Jeff Nagge, Andrew Shenton)
- 2nd Place Team – McKesson/Remedys (Terry Stychin , Gerrard Longval, Poshin Jobanputra, David Lang)
- Closest to the hole Male & Female - Noah Bates Rx2011 ; Julies Hess (Scotiabank)
- Longest Drive Male & Female – Andrew Shenton (Apotex) ; Xiaofei Huang (Rx2012)
- KJ Harrison Team Contest – McKesson (Jamie Church, Scott Coulter, Dipak Mistry, Chris Mistry)
- Winning Alumni Team – Rx2011’s (Noah Bates, Michael Collins, John Thai)
Also, congratulations to pharmacy faculty member Jeff Nagge (right), the first person in the history of the tournament to shoot a hole in one!
The Student Success Fund supports students interested in attending professional conferences throughout the year, like Professional Development Week and the Ontario Pharmacist Association’s conference as well as other professional development opportunities.
"Pharmacy profession conferences have provided our 480 PharmD students with a unique and practical learning experience that complements the learning we experience in the classroom," says President of the Society of Pharmacy Students, Naushin Hooda “These conferences are an incredible opportunity to network with professionals and other students, learn clinical and business-related lessons from experienced pharmacists, and to instill a sense of enthusiasm and excitement about the pharmacy profession.”
Thank you to our generous sponsors, Platinum sponsor McKesson ,Gold sponsors Teva and Apotex and Silver and Bronze sponsors along with all attendees for making the day such a success.