Scientific research combines curiosity, hypotheses and innovation to push the boundary of what is known. As a research intensive Faculty, Science is integral to the fundamental and applied research excellence associated with the University of Waterloo.
The Faculty of Science's network of Research Fellows support, facilitate and help catalyze research along each stage of the process.
Research Fellows within Science
Selected by their Department Chair or School Director, the Research Fellows provide assistance, mentorship and context for research initiatives within their unit. They also raise awareness about research opportunities and resources available both internal and external to the university.
They work in conjunction with the Associate Dean of Research and serve as advocate for the research requirements of the faculty members within their units.
Additionally, the Science Research Fellows will provide support for:
- advise on requests for equipment repairs and upgrades;
- identify potential nominees for upcoming institutional, provincial, national and international awards;
- participate in internal rankings of Science grant applications;
- make recommendations on nomination and renewal of research chairs;
- conduct and/or facilitate review and mentorship of grant applications;
- disseminate information and identify opportunities for research collaboration and/or funding support.
Meet our Science Research Fellows
Earth and Environmental Sciences
Optometry and Vision Science
Physics and Astronomy
Office: PHY 364
Phone: 519 888-4567 ext. 35697