To: Faculty and Staff
From: Alice Raynard, assistant university secretary, Secretariat & Office of General Counsel
Subject: Policy Post - Your update on policies (Policy Management / Policy 59)
Date: 3 June 2014
This is the first email of a series of monthly updates to both faculty and staff on the status of the Policy Project undertaken by the Secretariat & Office of General Counsel (SOGC). There are two items in this month’s email:
1) The new Policy Management Webpage;
2) Amendments to Policy 59 – Reduced Workload to Retirement.
1) The SOGC is pleased to present its new webpage dedicated to institutional Policy Management at the University of Waterloo. Through this webpage, you will have access to the Policy Project, which is dedicated to the systematic review and renewal of institutional policies.
On that page, you will find:
- An overview of the policy project;
- A review schedule;
- Tools for use by the community;
- The university’s policies, guidelines and procedures.
2) Please refer to the Secretariat & Office of General Counsel website for a revised version of Policy 59 – Reduced Workload to Retirement, which were approved by Senate, on 20 May 2014.
- A clarification regarding the reduction of salary when benefiting from a reduced workload (section 2, par. 1);
- A broader definition of leaves that are not deemed as interruptions (section 2, par. 1);
- A clarification regarding the duration of the reduced workload and establishing an arrangement (section 2, par. 2).
Supervisors, please post for the convenience of employees without direct access to email.