Chair: Gallery Administrator
Secretary: To be selected from the membership
Terms of Reference and Membership
Terms of Reference
- To advise the Gallery Administrator on the overall operations and programming of the Modern Languages and ECH Galleries.
- To advise the Gallery Administrator on works considered for acquisition to the University's Permanent Collection.
- To advise the Gallery Administrator on the selection of the site(s) for permanently fixed works of art (In the case of new buildings, this will require close liaison with the PACOD).
- To actively promote the Gallery's campus and public profile.
- Chair - Gallery Administrator
- Director, Space Information and Planning
- One faculty member from the Fine Arts Department
- Three faculty or staff from the University community, one of whom will be the Fine Arts Librarian
- Three individuals from the community
- One student from the Fine Arts program
- Two students representing the six faculties to be chosen as follows:
- one undergraduate student from either: AHS/Arts/ES
- one undergraduate student from either: Eng/Science/Math
- One student SOFA representative
Method and Term of Appointments
The membership shall be appointed by the Vice-President, Academic, & Provost of the University. Five positions on the Committee will have a 3 year term: the UW staff and faculty representatives, as well as the three community positions. The positions of Chair, Gallery Director; Faculty, Fine Arts; Director, Space Information & Planning; and the Fine Arts Librarian are constants. Generally, student representation will be for 1 - 4 years depending upon the year of study when joining the Committee.
Revised: January 2005, by Gallery Administrator and Associate Provost Human Resources and Student Affairs