Welcome to the University of Waterloo policy website. This website is a repository of the most recent versions of policies, procedures and guidelines with application across the University to our employees, students and visitors. Policies, procedures and guidelines of specific application to an academic unit or academic support unit can be found on the websites of those units.
Please click on the relevant link below. If you require assistance finding a policy, procedure or guideline, please contact email@example.com.
This website is intended to serve as a convenient reference only; the University does not warrant its accuracy, currency or completeness. The authoritative copies of policies, procedures and guidelines are held by the Secretariat bear the seal of the University. In case of discrepancy between the online version and the authoritative copy held by the Secretariat, the authoritative copy shall prevail.
Administration & Finance
- Bereavement Leaves
- Emergency Leaves
- Harassment and Discrimination
- Human Resources Records
- Independent Contractor Determinations
- Political Leaves
- Retirees, Privileges for
- Short-term Stipends for Staff
- Staff Hiring Committee/Panel Interviews
- Jury Duty
- Work from Home Guidelines for Staff Initiated Requests (1 or 2 days per week)
Information Management & Technology
Students, Academic Programs & Services
- Assessment of Penalties
- Communicating with Students via Digital Files (PDF)
- Faculty, Staff and Students Entering Relationships with External Organizations Offering Access to Course Materials
- Framework for the Assessment of Undergraduate Plagiarism (PDF)
- Learning Resources and Field Trips, Guidelines Pertaining to
- Managing Student Information For Faculties, Departments and Schools, Guidelines on
- Returning Assignments and Posting Grades
- Student Email
- Safety in Student Abroad Programs
- Service Interruptions in the Online Learning Environment
University Community, Campus Services & Safety
University Risk Management
For questions about this website, a specific policy, procedure or guideline, or how to initiate or amend a policy, procedure or guideline, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. For information on the Policy Renewal Project undertaken by the Secretariat, please see the Policy Renewal Project webpage.