Policy 14 - Pregnancy and Parental Leaves (including Adoption) Consultation
In accordance with the provisions of Policy 1, a policy review committee was formed by the Faculty and Staff Relations Committees to undertake a review of Policy 14 - Pregnancy and Parental Leaves (including Adoption). The committee has completed its work and recommends a revised policy which is now offered to members of faculty and staff for comment.
A memorandum from the committee articulates the proposed changes, provides the rationale, and includes the proposed revised policy.
Faculty and staff are invited to participate in a virtual Q&A session with representatives from the committee :
- Thursday 3 December 2020, 1:00 - 2:00 p.m.
- Friday 4 December 2020, 10:00 - 11:00 a.m.
- Tuesday 8 December 2020, 9:00 - 10:00 a.m.
Please email the Secretariat to be invited to one of these sessions which will be held via Teams.
Members of faculty and staff are also invited to offer feedback on the proposed new policy by 18 December 2020.
- Faculty are encouraged to contact FAUW
- Staff are encouraged to contact the Staff Association
- Individuals may also provide feedback directly to the Secretariat
The Faculty and Staff Relations Committees will consider feedback with a view to finalizing the policy for the approval process to begin in Winter 2021.