Our group has a wide variety of instruments and equipment available to support research and training in ecotoxicology and environmental chemistry:
Our lab is well equipped with state-of-the-art instruments for trace analysis of organic contaminants including emerging contaminants such as pharmaceuticals, hormones (estrogens/androgens) and industrial contaminants.
- 2 Liquid Chromatograph Mass Spectrometers (LC-MS/MS)
- Gas Chromatograph - Mass Selective Detector (GC-MSD)
- LC-Fraction Collector for EDA (identifying bioactive chemicals)
- Automatic sample preparation
- Accelerated Solvent Extraction (ASE)
We have facilities and instruments to conduct a wide variety of physiological, biochemical and gene expression endpoints.
- Scintillation counter Plate readers
- Microscopes Centrifuges and general lab tools
We have the capacity to collect a wide variety of filed samples, including effluent, water, fish and other aquatic animals.
- 2 Trucks (F150, F250)
- Mobile sampling trailer
- On-site ecotoxicology trailer
- Variety of boats, including electrofishing boat
- Backpack electrofishing and punts (GPP)
We can hold and breed a variety of aquatic animals (e.g. fish) in our laboratory facilities. In addition we can conduct controlled ecotoxicology studies.
- Continuous dilutors for fish exposures
- Fish holding tanks
In addition we have access to instruments and equipment from other labs across campus and in our many other collaborations.