Please review the "course selection and course enrolment" and "enrolment problems and overrides" sections on our FAQ webpage before filling out the form.
SOC and LS course override request & waiting list
If a course you wish to enrol in is full or you wish to request an override (reserves, prerequisite, etc.), please follow the instructions below:
- If the Campus Location (Camp Loc) on the Schedule of Classes is...
- For LS and/or SOC courses cross-listed with other disciplines at UW (ex. PSCI), follow the instructions in those subjects' sections on the Arts enrolment problems and course overrides webpage.
- No reserves will be overridden for students in level 3B or below requesting 400 level courses.
- For all other LS and/or SOC courses at UW with Campus Location (Camp Loc) “ONLN” (ending with “N”) or "UW U", please continue with the web form below.
- Fill out a separate request for each course you wish to be considered for. If you would like to request multiple sections of the same course, you can do so on the same form. Please note that each section of a special topics course (ex. SOC 430, LS 496) is a different course because the topics are different. Please submit separate requests for each special topics section.
- Ensure every required field is completed and accurate.
Waiting list submission does not guarantee you will be able to enrol in your course of choice. If we are able to accommodate your request, we will send you a permission number.
Please do not submit duplicate requests. Your submission will be time-stamped. Duplicate requests will not increase your chance of being enrolled into the course, and will only slow down the enrolment process.
We are unable to override course conflicts or unit loads.
It is your responsibility to notify us (by emailing email@example.com) if you want your name removed from a waiting list.
Please keep an eye on your email, as you will be sent a permission number if we are able to offer you a spot in your requested course. Permission numbers are only valid for 2 days, so timely attention to your email is necessary. We cannot guarantee you a spot if you miss your 2 day period.