Nomination form for October 2020 election
Due to the circumstances of COVID19, the UWSA has made an adjustment to the nomination process for this year. The Board of Directors passed a motion to accept email confirmation of nominators and seconders for the 2020 UWSA election. The nominee will be expected to fill out and submit the form below. Speak to three different UWSA members and get their support for your nomination. You will need to receive an email of support for your nomination from your nominator and two seconders and forward these to firstname.lastname@example.org. The UWSA reserves the right to verify those nominations.
- The nominee, nominator and seconders must be members of the UWSA.
- The UWSA Board of Directors University Service Guideline is available through the University Secretariat website at https://uwaterloo.ca/secretariat/committees-and-councils/staff-relations-committee/uwsa-board-directors-university-service-guideline for your reference.
- This online nomination form needs to be submitted to the UWSA, by 4:30 PM Eastern on September 30, 2020.
- Director roles: two candidates with the greatest number of votes will receive a three-year term each; one candidate with the third greatest number of votes will receive a one-year term.
- President-elect: the candidate receiving the majority of the votes shall be elected to a three-year term. The first term as President-elect will be for 2020-2021. The person elected to this position will normally be President for 2021-2022 and Past President for 2022-2023.
- A brief biographical sketch (250 words maximum) will be requested after the September 30 Nomination deadline. The bio-sketch may include, but is not limited to:
- relevant experience on and off-campus
- current job on campus
- number of years at the University of Waterloo
- reasons for seeking the nomination
- other volunteer experience
- personal information about yourself (please include your e-mail address)
- a photo (headshot) (can be sent separately via e-mail to email@example.com)
- If an election for a position is required and a candidate chooses to campaign, the spending limit for the campaign shall be up to $120 excluding taxes. The total amount spent must be paid by the candidate and receipts submitted to the UWSA office (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Area Reps will host a Meet the Candidates meeting October 8, 2020 from Noon until 1 p.m. on Teams. Candidates should plan to attend and introduce themselves. Join Microsoft Teams Meeting
In accordance with Article V of the Constitution of the University of Waterloo Staff Association, I hereby nominate: