Area Reps meeting
Thursday, June 14, 2018 at 12:00 p.m. in NH 3308
Guest speaker Diana Parry, Associate Vice President, Human Rights, Equity and Inclusion will give an overview of the Indigenization Strategy for the university.
The Indigenization Strategy Advisory Committee is tasked with advising the President, Provost, and senior management at the University on the development of an Indigenization Strategy for the university. This includes, but is not limited to, developing a response to the calls to action of the Truth and Reconciliation Commission (TRC) of Canada with particular respect to those pertaining to higher education. As the calls to action from the TRC are framed with respect to all of Canadian society, Indigenous and non-Indigenous alike, our strategy is directed at engaging with our entire University of Waterloo community and its federated University and three affiliated Colleges.
The Advisory Committee has established five (5) working groups that cover the span of issues and opportunities:
- Curriculum and academic programming
- Student experience
- Community engagement
- Policy and procedures
Discussion with Area Reps
As a UWSA member, you are invited to attend our monthly Area Reps meetings, even if you are not an Area Rep. The purpose of the Area Reps committee is to exchange information about current issues facing staff at UW and to keep an open line of communication between the UWSA Board of Directors, Area Reps, and all staff in general. These monthly meetings are also open to all staff.
We welcome your attendance!
Can’t join us in person?
ADOBE CONNECT INSTRUCTIONS
To enter the room, please click the following link https://summit.uwaterloo.ca/areareps
- Required hardware – computer or a mobile device, headset/speakers
- Required software – web browser, Adobe Flash Player or Adobe Connect app on your mobile device
- If you are using a computer, there is no need to download a separate player. The room will open in a browser; you may need to allow mic/camera access if prompted.
- To enter the room, click on the link and wait. It may take a couple of minutes to connect the first time.
- If you have a question during the meeting, please use the chat window. Remote participants will not be able to use their microphones for this meeting.
- If you want to test your connection, please log in to the room prior to the meeting. The room will be monitored as of 11.45am.