On January 30th the Healthy Workplace Committee invites you to participate in Bell Let’s Talk Day activities, which promote mental health awareness. Bell Let’s Talk aims to reduce stigma and encourage people to start conversations about mental health.
On Bell Let’s Talk Day, Bell will donate 5¢ for:
- Every text message sent by Bell Canada, Bell Aliant and Bell MTS customers
- Every mobile and long distance call made by Bell Canada, Bell Aliant and Bell MTS customers
- Each use of the hashtag #BellLetsTalk on Twitter
- Each view of the Bell Let’s Talk Day video
- Each use of the Bell Let’s Talk Facebook frame or Snapchat filter
Waterloo Speech Bubble Campaign
For Bell Let’s Talk Day, we invite you to take part in a campus-wide awareness campaign by capturing your thoughts on “Speech Bubbles” about what mental health means to you. Build awareness by posting the bubbles in your work area.
After January 30th take a picture of your bubbles and send them to Occupational Health so we can create a campus collage.
For other ideas to raise awareness and participate, see the Ideas and activities page on the Healthy Workplace website.
Remember, at Waterloo, workplace mental health is extremely important to us. If at any time, you feel you need support, you can use the Employee Family Assistance Program. Contact them at 1-800-663-1142 or visit Occupational Health.