Join the conversation and help shape the University of Waterloo’s future.
What is happening?
The University is developing a new strategic plan. The planning process will establish the University’s overall direction and the plan will define Waterloo’s strategic priorities, goals, and objectives for 2020-2025.
The Bridge to 2020, Waterloo’s new strategic planning process, will build on the 2013-2018 strategic plan and will determine the University’s institutional direction.
What has been done so far?
- The Provost’s Office led the effort to establish a Strategic Plan Advisory Committee (SPAC), with representatives from each faculty and stakeholder group. This committee will provide advice and feedback to guide the development of the 2020-2025 strategic plan.
- The SPAC has approved a strategic plan framework document that captures key elements, stages, roles, principles, and process for the 2020-2025 strategic planning.
- Evidence has been gathered to inform the plan’s development.
- Seven issue papers were launched at a campus-wide Bridge to 2020 event on June 18, 2018.
- The University launched the Bridge to 2020 website in support of the planning process.
What comes next?
- The Consultation Phase of the strategic plan begins in earnest in September. This phase will:
- Confirm a vision and values statement, and
- Gather input and feedback on what we need to achieve by 2025 and what success looks like
How can you participate?
Your participation is crucial to ensuring that the planning process is successful.
- First, review the evidence.
- Second, sign up for a consultation session. Beginning September 10, SPAC will engage stakeholders in consultations held across campus.
- About 30 sessions are planned, some topic-driven for all Waterloo community members, others for specific stakeholder groups.
- The President and Vice-President, Academic & Provost will attend these sessions.
- Additional conversations may take place outside of the 30 formal dates.
- There are two consultation sessions dedicated to staff members, scheduled for Friday, September 28 from 11 to 12:30 PM in EIT 3142 and Thursday, November 8 from 2:00 to 3:30 PM in EC1 1004
- Complete the consultation survey, which will be distributed beginning September 10, running to November 10.
Who can I contact for more information?
Anyone with questions is invited to contact Daniela Seskar-Hencic, Director, Strategic Planning and Evaluation, at email@example.com or at extension 36029.