Name: Selena Santi (she/they/her/them)
Position on UWSA Board: Director
Term of office: November 1, 2020 - October 31, 2021
Contact for (list committees, appointments):
Selena serves on the following committees:
- UWSA representative on the Appeal Committee on Property Infractions (serving second three-year term)
- Board representative on the Staff Relations Committee
- Board representative on Nominating Committee
- Board representative on Staff Excellence Fund Committee
- Board representative on the Staff Enhancement Grant Committee
Why did you run for office? Selena would like to increase her involvement within the University of Waterloo community and have therefore decided to run for a Director position! She is passionate about representing staff on issues such as those resulting from the Work from Home/return to work policies/procedures that directly result from the COVID-19 pandemic. She is also passionate about meeting and learning from others across the Waterloo campus!
Your vision for UWSA: to continue the hard work of past Directors especially on the UWSA Memorandum of Agreement and staff appraisals.
Education/Career highlights : Selena has been on campus since 2004 and has been active in research since starting her career. For the past seven years, she has been working with Institutional Research in the Office of Research as a Grants and Contracts Manager. Previously, she was a Project Manager for an Applied Health Sciences research team (3 years), and Manager for SSHRC, not-for-profit sponsors and awards (6 years; now Funding Agencies and Non-Profit Sponsors).
Educational Background includes the following:
- Simon Fraser University – Master of Arts in Gerontology (specialization in Health Promotion)
- McMaster University – Honours Bachelor of Arts in Gerontology and Sociology
Interests beyond campus: Selena is a very active member of the Waterloo community and enjoys spending my time with her family and new puppy, as well as reading, tap dancing, running and cross-country skiing. She also enjoys being creative by helping to design dance props and costume headpieces for a local dance studio.
Job title: Grants and Contracts Manager, Institutional Research
Unit: Office of Research
LinkedIn (optional): www.linkedin.com/in/selena-santi-041a3a77